Effective date: 05/25/2018
- Contact information of the controller
- Collection and use of Personal Information
- Collection and use of personal information in connection with your donations and any services provided to you by the IJM Global Team
Purpose and legal basis of processing
- Art. 6 (1) a) GDPR (processing is based on your consent)
Only if you provide us your consent (which is revocable at any time), we process personal information from you for e.g. marketing purposes or to facilitate your participation in IJM events or activities in which you voluntarily engage.
- Art. 6 (1) b) GDPR (processing is necessary for the performance of a contract)
In order to communicate with you and for the performance of our contractual obligations to you (for example, to process your donation, issue receipts, and otherwise support your relationship with the IJM Global Team), we may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact information such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number
- Billing Information such as credit card number and billing address
- Unique identifiers such as user name, account number, password
- Additional information as needed to support your relationship with IJM, such as minimum age or DOB (to ensure age appropriate content) and tax-payer information (to support tax recovery)
- Art.6 (1) c) GDPR (complying with a legal obligation)
In certain circumstances we are obliged to process personal data from you due to a legal obligation, such as anti-corruption stipulations or statutory retention periods.
- Art.6 (1) f) GDPR (legitimate interest in transmitting personal data)
We primarily rely on the legitimate interest of the IJM Global Team to provide constituents with desired information about IJM and its work worldwide. Where we process your personal information on the basis of legitimate interests, including sharing of your personal information within the IJM Global Team or with third party processors for such purpose, we do so primarily to provide and improve constituent services and provide constituents a service which is suitable to their requirements. We may use your information to improve and customize our constituent services, and as necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of improving our constituent services and experience; understanding how constituents engage with the IJM Global Team, communicating with constituents in appropriately customized ways, and exploring ways to better engage current and future constituents in the mission of International Justice Mission. We may also process your information for our legitimate interest in providing age appropriate content for children; supporting tax recovery; and maintaining the safety and security of our constituent services, including enhancing protection against spam, harassment, intellectual property infringement, crime, and security risks of all kind. We may further process personal information of constituents who attend in person events or trips for our legitimate interest in providing for the safety and security of all event attendees. The IJM Global Team has a further legitimate interests in processing your personal information as follows:
- We may exchange personal data within IJM’s international affiliate offices for the legitimate interests described above, as well as for administrative purposes.
- e may also process personal data from you in order to defend legal claims.
Additionally, we may collect the following personal information from third party sources, including from public sources:
- Marketing information such as additional forms of contact, indicators or flags used for segmentation purposes.
- Demographic information, including census data or third party research for segmentation purposes.
Surveys or Contests
From time-to-time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on our website or elsewhere. If you participate, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). The legal basis for processing that Personal Data is Art.6 (1) a) GDPR (consent).
- Art. 6 (1) a) GDPR (processing is based on your consent)
- Collection and use of Personal Information in connection with your use of our website
Informational use of our website
If you do not register with us or otherwise provide us with personal information, we only process the personal information that your browser transmits to our server. This includes your IP address, date and time of the request, time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), content of the request (specific page), the access status/HTTP status code, the amount of data transferred in each case, website from which the request comes, browser, operating system and its surface, language and version of the browser software. This processing is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure the stability and security of the website. The legal basis for such processing is Art.6 (1) f) GDPR.
Links to Other Websites
Social Media Widgets
- We currently use the following social media plug-ins:
Facebook Like Button
- We have no influence on the data collected and data processing processes, nor are we aware of the full extent of data collection, the purposes of processing, the storage periods. We also have no information on the deletion of the data collected by the plug-in provider.
- The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as user profiles and uses these for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation takes place in particular (also for not logged in users) for the representation of demand-fair advertisement and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right of objection to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right. Through the plug-ins we offer you the possibility to interact with social networks and other users, so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Art.6 (1) f) GDPR.
- The data is passed on regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged in with the plug-in provider, your data collected with us will be directly assigned to your existing account with the plug-in provider. If you click the activated button and, for example, link the page, the plug-in provider also stores this information in your user account and shares it publicly with your contacts. We recommend that you log out regularly after using a social network, especially before activating the button, as this way you can avoid being assigned to your profile with the plug-in provider.
- Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider can be found in the data protection declarations of these providers notified below. They will also provide you with further information about your rights in this regard and setting options to protect your privacy.
- Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URL with their data protection information:
Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; weitere Informationen zur Datenerhebung: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/... sowie http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook hat sich dem EU-US-Privacy-Shield unterworfen, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- We currently use the following social media plug-ins:
- Collection and use of personal information in connection with your donations and any services provided to you by the IJM Global Team
- Recipients of your Personal Information
- IT service providers
- Companies that assist with customer service, shipping, or event registration
- Companies that provide other services to support our relationship with you
- Companies that provide demographic and market research assistance
In addition, any office within the IJM Global team may share personal information you provide it to the International Justice Mission headquarters (“IJM Global”) office in the United States, or another member of the IJM Global Team, so that the receiving IJM office may engage with users located in their country and as otherwise necessary to manage the provision of suitable services to constituents as appropriate for their needs.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request; or
- with your prior consent to do so.
- Transfers of personal data to countries outside the EU
- When we use external service providers based outside the European Economic Area to process your personal information, we do so pursuant to the standard contractual clauses for data processors approved by the European Commission to ensure an appropriate level of data protection. These service providers have been carefully selected by us, commissioned in writing and are bound by our instructions. They are regularly checked by us. The service providers will not pass this data on to third parties, but will delete it after fulfilment of the contract and the conclusion of legal storage periods, unless you have consented to further storage.
- When a member of the IJM Global team located within the EU, or otherwise serving as a controller for data subject to GDPR, transfers personal information to the IJM Global office or any other office within the IJM Global Team located outside of the EU, we rely on the standard contractual clauses for data controllers approved by the European Commission to ensure an appropriate level of data protection.
- General information and your rights
IJM maintains a donor portal, available at: https://ijm.force.com/ From the donor portal, donors may change or delete their own personal information.
Where you have provided your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information. For example, you may choose to stop receiving all or certain types of communication by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at email@example.com. You can further choose to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information related to an online account (e.g., donor portal) by closing your account through your account settings and then emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request that your personal information be deleted, except for information that we are required to retain. This deletion is permanent and your account cannot be reinstated.
Correcting, Deleting and Updating Your Personal Data
To review and update or delete your personal information, contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request to access within 10 days. If you are a donor, you may use our donor portal to update your personal information.
We may post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on our website which may contain personal information. We do obtain the customer's consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The legal basis for that processing is Art.6 (1) a) GDPR.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us as described in this policy. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at email@example.com. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
The personal information collected when you make a contribution or purchase items by credit card is kept for the purposes of tracking your order and to provide a receipt of the transaction. This information is stored on an encrypted, secure server managed by a third-party commercial credit card processing institution.
Your rights in respect of your Personal Data
You have the right of access (Art.15 GDPR), rectification (Art.16 GDPR), erasure (Art.17 GDPR), restriction of processing (Art.18 GDPR) and the right to data portability (Art.20 GDPR). In addition, you have the right to object to processing that is based on Art.6 (1) f) GDPR. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy supervisory authority.
If you have given us your consent to process personal data for specific purposes, this consent is the legal basis for processing your personal data. Consent can be revoked at any time without affecting the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation. The revocation can take place form-free and should be directed if possible to the contact information provided in this policy.
International Justice Mission
Terms Of Service
Terms Of ServiceThis document outlines the Terms of Service for members of the IJM Community, which all members must agree to.
In a nutshell, by creating an account and be a member of the IJM Community, you agree to the following (terms fully stated in the body of this document):
- Represent yourself accurately and truthfully.
- Be 18 or older.
- Input content that is constructive, belongs to you, and is relevant to what IJM Community and its members are all about.
- Take full responsibility for the content you post and your actions around the site.
- Treat others respectfully.
Thanks for being part of IJM Community, where we unite together to end slavery in our lifetime.
PLEASE NOTE YOU MAY CHOOSE TO SIMPLY BROWSE THECONTENT ON OUR SITE AS A "VISITOR" OR YOU MAY CHOOSE TO REGISTER AND BECOME A "MEMBER" SO THAT YOU CAN JOIN SOME OF OUR COMMUNITIES, TAKE PART IN OUR PEER-TO-PEER FUNDRAISING, JOIN OUR PROFESSIONAL NETWORKING PROGRAMS, OR POST MATERIALS ON OUR SITE.
IF YOU BECOME A MEMBER, THERE ARE SOME ADDITIONAL RULES AND TERMS THAT APPLY TO YOU—SEE PARAGRAPH THREE AND FOUR BELOW.
1. About IJM and This Site
INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION (IJM) is a human rights organization working to combat violence and injustice around the world. The work of IJM is carried out by a group of professionals and volunteers.
IJM’s vision is to rescue thousands, protect millions and prove that justice for the poor is possible.
Our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing the criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
This site is dedicated to supporting the collaboration of and communication by those professionals and volunteers by providing them with the digital tools and space they need to effectively serve the mission of combatting violence and injustice. These tools include blogs, discussion forums, fundraising platforms, and resources.[CC1] [CJ2]
2. Age Requirements
IJM’s Site is intended solely for users who are 18 years of age or older, and any registration by, use of or access to the Site by anyone under 18 is unauthorized and prohibited.
3. Registration Obligations
If and when you register to become a Member, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, complete, and current information (such information being the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete. You acknowledge and agree that, if any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we reserve the right to terminate your use of the Site and/or remove any Content you have provided from the Site.
As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a username and password. We may refuse to grant you a username, password and/or domain name that impersonates someone else, is or may be illegal, is or may be protected by trademark or other proprietary rights law, is already in current use, is vulgar or otherwise offensive, may cause confusion, or for any other reason as determined by us in our sole discretion.
You are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality of your username and password, and you agree not to transfer or resell your use of or access to the Site to any third party. If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure, you must promptly change your password by immediately emailing us at . You are solely responsible for any and all activities, whether by you or anyone else (including without limitation purchases) conducted through your account.
4. Member Rules of Conduct and Content
You are solely responsible for the Content you post on or through the Site and the consequences of posting such Content. By posting such Content, you represent and warrant to us that you have the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to enable inclusion of the Content in the manner contemplated by this Site and these TOS.
You agree that you i) will not post Content that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post such Content, and ii) own all rights in your Content or, alternatively, you have sufficient rights in your Content to grant to the Site the rights described in these Terms; and (iii) you will pay all license fees, clearance fees, and other financial obligations of any kind, arising from any use of your Content; and (iv) you are the individual pictured, depicted, and/or heard in your Content or you have obtained written permission from each person (including consent from parents or guardians for anyone under the age of eighteen (18)) who appears and/or is heard in your Content to grant the rights to the Site described in these Terms; and (v) your Content is not defamatory, does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy, rights to publicity or any other legal or moral rights of any third party.
IN ADDITION TO ALL OTHER LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IN THIS AGREEMENT, IJM AND ITS THIRD PARTY PARTNERS DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY OR LOSS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTENT.
Please note we reserve the right to remove any Content and/or disclose such Content and the circumstances surrounding its transmission to any third party in order to: (a) operate the Site properly; (b) to protect ourselves, our sponsors, and our Members and Visitors; and (c) comply with legal obligations or governmental requests.
5. Blogs: Acceptable Use for Blogs and Message Boards
The Site may contain blogs (“Blog(s)”) and message boards (“Message Boards”). The content, views and opinions published in Blogs or displayed on Message Boards may be written by employees, volunteers or unaffiliated third party contributors. All Blog and Message Board content belong solely to their respective authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of IJM, its management or employees.
IJM is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the Blog and Message Boards. We permit visitors to our Site to post comments in response to the Blogs and Message Boards.
Please remember that the open and real-time nature of the comments posted to these Blogs and Message Boards makes it is impossible for IJM to confirm the validity of any content posted, and though we reserve the right to review and edit or delete any such Blog or Message Boards comment, we do not guarantee that we will monitor or review it. As such, we are not responsible for any messages posted or the consequences of following any advice offered within Blog or Message Boards posts.
If you find any posts in these Blogs or Message Boards to be offensive or objectionable, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the relevant Blog[CC3] . If we determine that removal of a post or posts is necessary, we will make reasonable efforts to do so in a timely manner.
By submitting a response, comment or content related to a Blog or posting to a Message Board, you agree that such submission is non-confidential for all purposes. Any submission to this Site will be deemed and remain the property of IJM. By using these Blogs and Message Boards, you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
We reserve the right to delete any message and/or restrict posting rights in our Blogs and Message Boards for any reason whatsoever. Should you continue to post messages that violate the rules of the Blogs and Message Boards your account may be terminated, your access to the Blogs and Message Boards may be banned, and your service provider(s) may be contacted about your behavior. Furthermore, we expressly reserve our rights under the law to take any other actions we deem necessary.
Registered User/Member Conduct. You understand that all Content – including all information, data, text, photographs, graphics, messages, or other materials – publicly posted is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. This means that you, and not IJM, bear all risks and liabilities for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the service. You agree to not use the Site and related services to:
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation. (Posting the same note more than once can be considered "spam" or "spamming");
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an IJM official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the Service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
- "Stalk" or otherwise harass another; or
- Harvest or otherwise collect or store personal data about other users.
The IJM Site is hosted in the United States. If you are a non-U.S. user of the IJM Site, by visiting the Site you agree to comply with all applicable federal and state U.S. laws.
We make no representations that the Site and any and all information contained therein, including the Content, is appropriate or legal in any particular location. This Site is not intended for access or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject IJM to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country.
You hereby acknowledge and agree that you are choosing to access the Sites and all related services and Content on your own initiative and risk, and that you are responsible for compliance with all applicable international, federal, state, local and any other applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of the thereof.
INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, account (or any part thereof), or use of the Site, and remove and discard any Content within the Site, at any time and for any reason.
8. Proprietary Rights
INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION Content includes proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, and that is the property of INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION or INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION’S licensors. Content contained in advertisements is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws.
By sending us Content in any form and/or by posting Content to any area of the Site, you grant us and our designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), assignable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, distribute (through multiple tiers), create derivative works of, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally perform, make, have made, sell, offer for sale and import such Content and other materials in any media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you.
However, after posting Content, you continue to retain your ownership rights in such Content, and you continue to have the right to use your Content in any way you choose. However, in no event shall INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION have any obligation to pay a fee to a Member or Visitor in connection with any transfer of INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION’S business, including without limitation any merger or sale or transfer of all or substantially all of the assets of INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION.
9. Intellectual Property Rights
Takedown Policy. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under the U.S. copyright law.
If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION infringe your copyright, you, or your agent, may send INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION notice requesting that the material be removed or access to it be blocked with the following information: (a) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (b) identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on the Site.
Providing the URL(s) of the claimed infringing material satisfies this requirement); (c) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address; (d) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (e) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and (f) your physical or electronic signature.
INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION’S Copyright Agent for notification of claimed infringement can be reached as follows: Copyright Agent, INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION, PO Box 58147, Washington, DC, 20037, Attn: Office of the General Counsel. Our Copyright Agent for notification of claimed infringement can also be reached electronically by sending an e-mail to .
Any notification by a copyright owner or a person authorized to act on its behalf that fails to comply with requirements of the DMCA shall not be considered sufficient notice and shall not be deemed to confer upon INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION actual knowledge of facts or circumstances from which infringing material or acts are evident. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION a counter-notice.
All notices and counter notices must meet the then current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.copyright.gov/ for details. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
Trademarks and Service Marks. Certain trademarks are the service marks and trademarks of IJM or one of its affiliates. IJM name, logo, the domain name for this Site, all page headers, custom graphics, and button icons are service marks, trademarks, logos, and/or trade dress of IJM.
All other trademarks, service marks, trade dress, product names, company names or logos, whether registered or not, on the Site are the property of their respective owners. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, you agree that you will not use any such trademarks, service marks, trade dress, or other logos from this Site without the prior written authorization of IJM.
Copyright. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all Content is also the exclusive property of IJM and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You may download information from this Site and print out a hard copy for your personal use provided that you keep intact and do not remove or alter any copyright or other notice (e.g., trademark, patent, etc.) contained in the information.
Except as otherwise expressly stated herein, you may not alter, modify, copy, distribute (for compensation or otherwise), transmit, display, perform, reproduce, reuse, post, publish, license, frame, download, store for subsequent use, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or Content obtained from this Site, in whole or in part, including any text, images, audio, and video in any manner, without the prior written authorization of IJM or any applicable third party suppliers.
The use of Content, including images, by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by IJM. Any unauthorized use of text or images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and applicable regulations and statutes. IJM does not warrant or represent that your use of Content, Products and Services or any other materials displayed on this Site will not infringe rights of third parties.
Any unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and civil and criminal statutes.
10. Limited License and Site Access; All Rights Reserved
A number of proprietary logos, service marks and trademarks are used and displayed on this Site. By making them available on this Site, IJM does not grant you any license to utilize those proprietary logos, service marks or trademarks. IJM hereby grants you a limited license to access and make personal, non-commercial use of this Site, but not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of IJM or as otherwise explicitly permitted.
This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this Site or the Content; any derivative use of this Site or the Content; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
This Site or any portion of this Site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of IJM.
You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of IJM without IJM's express written consent. You may not use any meta-tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing any of IJM's name(s) or service marks without the express written consent of their owners.
We (or the respective third party owners of Content) retain all right, title, and interest in this Site and any Content on this Site, including any and all intellectual property rights. We (or the respective third party owners of Content) reserve all rights not expressly granted.
Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by IJM.
11. Payment Transactions: Payments and Payments Processing; Rules for All Payments
The Site provides the ability to make an online donation. Please note that IJM works with third-party payment services providers to process all donation/payment transactions. These companies manage the routing of applicable customer information through the credit card and electronic check processing networks, as applicable.
IJM is not affiliated with either of these companies, and we are not responsible in any way for the actions or performance (or lack thereof) of these parties.
Accordingly, IJM expressly disclaims responsibility and liability for all services provided by these service providers, including those related to donation/payment transactions, and you hereby agree that IJM shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such services.
You hereby acknowledge and agree that for all donations, (1) you will not use an invalid or unauthorized credit or debit card or other payment method; (2) all donations are final and non-refundable. If you have any questions regarding any payment transaction, please contact us at: email@example.com.
12. Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SITE, THE CONTENT, ALL TOOLS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES DISPLAYED ON, OR ACCESSED OR OBTAINED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE", AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY USER OR MEMBER CONTENT POSTED TO THE SITE IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INDIVIDUAL WHO ORIGINALLY POSTED SUCH CONTENT, AND THAT YOUR SOLE RECOURSE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF SUCH CONTENT SHALL BE TO SUCH INDIVIDUAL.
Without limiting the foregoing, INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION and its affiliates, suppliers, and agents do not warrant that your use of the Site and access to and use of Content and all tools will be uninterrupted, error-free, or secure, that any information obtained therein is accurate, reliable or complete, that defects will be corrected, or that any software, the Site, or the server(s) on which the Site is hosted are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Your use of the Site and any information or materials provided on or through the Site is entirely at your own risk.
13. Limitation of Liability
NEITHER INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION NOR ITS SUPPLIERS, AGENTS OR SPONSORS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY OR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO (I) THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE; (II) ANY CONTENT CONTAINED ON THE SITE OR MEMBER SITE; (III) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT ON THE SITE; (IV) ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE; (V) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN RESPONSE TO OR AS A RESULT OF ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SITE; (VI) ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY LOSS OF ACCESS TO, DELETION OF, FAILURE TO STORE, FAILURE TO BACK UP, OR ALTERATION OF ANY MEMBER CONTENT; OR, (VII) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, employees, and representatives, as well as suppliers involved with the Site, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your breach of these TOS, including any violation of the Rules of Conduct set forth in this document, b) any allegation that any Content that you submit to INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION infringes or otherwise violates the copyright, trade secret, trademark or other intellectual property or privacy rights of a third party, and (c) your activities in connection with the Site.
15. Other Information
The TOS constitute the entire agreement between you and INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION and supersedes any prior agreements between you and INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION. The TOS and the relationship between you and INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Virginia without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located within the county of Arlington in the State of Virginia and any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. The failure of INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of the TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this TOS and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. The section titles in the TOS are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. This TOS is not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with our prior written consent.
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California residents are entitled to the following specific consumer rights information: "The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210."
16. Additional Considerations
Please remember the following with respect to what is on our Site:
Products. Third parties may not advertise or promote certain products or services on the Site unless given permission in an advance arrangement with INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION. Descriptions, images or listings of, or links or references to, products or services on the Site do not imply INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION’s endorsement of such products or services. INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION is not responsible in any manner for such third-party products and services.
Linked Sites. The Site may provide links to other Internet websites or resources ("Linked Sites"). INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION neither controls nor endorses such Linked Sites, nor have we reviewed or approved any content that appears on such Linked Sites. INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION is not responsible in any manner for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from any Linked Sites, and INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods and services available on or through any Linked Site.
Monitoring. We have no obligation to monitor, filter or prescreen Content, websites created or linked to by our Members or users, message boards or any other materials that you or third parties transmit to or post on the Site. However, you acknowledge and agree that we have the right (but not the obligation) to monitor the Site, including Content.
17. Governing Law and Jurisdiction; No Class Actions
YOU AND IJM AGREE THAT ANY PROCEEDINGS TO RESOLVE OR LITIGATE ANY DISPUTE WILL BE CONDUCTED SOLELY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, AND THAT NEITHER YOU NOR IJM WILL SEEK TO HAVE ANY DISPUTE HEARD AS A CLASS ACTION, A REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, A COLLECTIVE ACTION, A PRIVATE ATTORNEY-GENERAL ACTION, OR IN ANY PROCEEDING IN WHICH YOU OR IJM ACTS OR PROPOSES TO ACT IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY. YOU AND IJM FURTHER AGREE THAT NO PROCEEDING WILL BE JOINED, CONSOLIDATED, OR COMBINED WITH ANOTHER PROCEEDING WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF YOU, IJM, AND ALL PARTIES TO ANY SUCH PROCEEDING.
Terms of Service last updated: July 2, 2018.
Community GuidelinesWelcome to IJM Community, where we unite together to end slavery in our lifetime.
Here, you’ll be able to:
- Connect with other people who share your passion for ending slavery and violent injustice.
- Get and discuss the latest news from across the movement and around the world, including exclusive stories from IJM offices, staff and supporters.
- Learn more about the issues of human trafficking, modern slavery and violent injustice.
- Discover new ways to get involved.
- Be alerted to urgent action needs.
- Access resources to mobilize your community in the fight to end slavery.
Do you want to help end slavery and violent injustice? If so, the IJM Community was made for you. This is your space to get—and stay—connected with IJM staff and others in the movement, discover stories of change from around the world, and get access to exclusive resources and information.
Plug in now by creating your account and letting us know how you’d like to help end slavery in our lifetime. IJM Community thrives on your participation and activity.
- Stay involved in Community, ask and answer questions on the discussion boards and share content you like with your social networks.
- Invite your friends, family and colleagues to join—the more, the merrier!
- Post only information that you’re comfortable with others seeing—and knowing—about you.
- These guidelines are designed to help make participation a positive experience for everyone.
Interacting in the Community: A Note on Netiquette
How you talk to others in IJM Community is not that different from the way you would talk to others in real life.
But there are some things you should be mindful of in an online environment:
- Posting in all caps is the same as SHOUTING.
- Don’t use offensive language, be rude, use hate speech, or harass or spam other members.
- No selling, solicitation, advertisement or promotion of products and services is permitted in IJM Community. This is a place to engage with other Community members in a positive way, not to sell your stuff.
- Don’t upload copyrighted or illegal materials that don’t belong to you.
- Don’t upload a picture that you wouldn’t show your children—that means no pictures of nudity, or sexual content, violence, weapons, etc.
- If there is an issue you’d like to report, flag the content or action, send a message to the Community Admin, or notify us at . Please note that while International Justice Mission (IJM) has no obligation to delete content that you find personally objectionable or offensive, we will do our best to address any problems that may arise.
When there is a violation of our guidelines we may:
- Provide a warning to the offender
- Delete some or all of the content
- Temporarily or permanently terminate the offending member’s account (we don’t want to, so don’t make us!)
- This site is intended for adults only, above the age of 18
- IJM and IJM Community are not responsible for the content provided by users on the site and the content provided by users represents their opinions and not that of IJM or IJM Community.
- Use common sense when reading any recommendations or advice and always consult a professional (e.g. your doctor, tax accountant, lawyer, etc.) when making any important decisions.
- Our guidelines will evolve over time and we reserve the right to modify or change these guidelines without notice.
Thanks for joining us on IJM Community!
Please also see the IJM Community Terms of Service.